DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROUTER AND ARE PREPARED TO RESET ALL IP INFORMATION ON THE BRIDGE AND TABLET.
1. Before anything else, make sure the bridge is plugged in to power, press and hold the “reset” button the back of the bridge until the lights flash on the bridge.
2. Make sure ALL lights are OFF (by unscrewing the 3 bulbs, and unplugging the 2 LED Light Strips)
3. Launch the hue app from the home screen. If you get a message that states “cannot connect to bridge”, hit “cancel” > tap Find Bridge.
- On the bridge, press the center button to link the bridge with the App.
4. Once the Bridge has been associated with the App, tap My Bridge > Network Settings > turn off DHCP > enter the follow IP information into the Bridge:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.145
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- DNS 1: 192.168.1.1
- DNS 2: leave this blank, do not put anything in this field
- Hit the “check mark” in the right corner to save the IP information
5. Screw in the first light (downspot bulb), then select My Lights > tap Connect New Lights > tap Auto Search,
6. Once the light is found and the screen STILL shows “Searching”, plug in second light (LED light strip below the down spot) > if the screen no longer shows “searching”, tap Connect New Lights & Auto Search again
- If “Auto Search” does not find a light, select “Manual Search” and enter the Serial Number of the light manually, and select Search>
- Serial Number for Bulb is on the gray part at the base of the bulb
- Serial Number for the LED light strips are on the brick of the power cord for the lightstrip
7. Follow these steps for the remaining lights, the full bulb order is listed below:
- 1st - Down Spot (Flood Light)
- 2nd - LED light strip below the down spout
- 3rd – Center Bulb
- 4th – Bulb on the right of the display
- 5th – LED light strip on the right of the display
The lights MUST be associated in that order for the system to work properly. If the lights are not associated in the correct order, you will need to start the entire Hue App setup from over from (resetting the bridge)